I.I. Melbourne

I.I. Melbourne

Monday 9 December 2013

Arrangements to celebrate the season

First of all, an important diary date :

Ikebana Masterclass at the Melbourne Now exhibition


On Monday 16 December five Melbourne Ikebana schools will demonstrate at the National Gallery of Victoria (NGV International), 180 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, as part of the Melbourne Now exhibition.


There will be two sessions in the Community Hall, which is located in the foyer on the ground floor

11 am Ohara school
                             Shogetsudokoryu school

2 pm Ichiyo school
             Ikenobo school
             Sogetsu school

                                         *             *            *            *            *

At the last general meeting for 2013 of our I. I. Chapter we had a very festive array of celebratory arrangements...….


        .......an Ohara arrangement using vibrant peonies, finished with gold and silver mizuhiki


            .......an arrangement  using the traditional New Year colours, red, white and green




              .....pine, as a symbol of longevity, is often used in arrangements at this time of year








No comments:

Post a Comment